We are at the halfway point of the FRC build season with an awesome robot design in theory and an FTC team that finished first at the Tesla Interleague Championship and is now heading to State. Pretty darn good! Note to FTC Team: The list of teams going to State is now posted on http://www.firstwa.org/
Here are the main events for this coming week.
- Tuesday, 1/27, FTC Scrimmage at Atomic Robotics, right after school (2:30 until about 5:00) Atomic Robotics is at Edmonds Heights K-12, 23200 100th Avenue West, Edmonds, WA 98020. Dennis O'Brien has graciously offered to mentor this event. He will be driving the robot and battery box and can take a few kids, but we need a few more drivers. Please let Dennis or I know if you can drive. There will be a FRC meeting at the usual time (6:30 - 9:00).
- Saturday, 1/31, FTC State Championship at the ShoWare Center, 625 West James Street, Kent, WA 98032. The FTC team will meet at 7:00 AM at Ingraham. Dennis O'Brien and Jeff Random are driving, but we will need a few more drivers. Please let Dennis or I know if you can drive. The schedule of events is below. Expect to be home around 7 pm. There will be a FRC meeting at the usual time and place (9:00 - 1:00), and then I plan to close the shop and go watch the FTC State Championship!
- 8:00 Teams arrive
- 8:30 Begin judging
- 11:00 Matches begin
- 12:00 Lunch (plans to be determined)
- 12:35 Opening ceremonies
- 12:45 Resume matches
- 4:00 Alliance selection
- 5:00 Awards
- 8 teams from our State event will qualify for the Super Regional event March 26-28, Oakland, CA
- Friday, 1/30, no School! (day between semesters). We will start the FRC/FTC meeting one hour early (1:30), Let's make this a productive day for both teams!
- Superbowl Sunday, 2/1, we will start our FRC build meeting one hour earlier (noon until 2:30) so we can finish before the Superbowl.
That's it this week!